My name is Shawnee Williams.
And I am the author and founder of It’s a Hard Duck Life Blog.
A blog dedicated to all things DUCK and more!
I started this blog on April 1st, 2018, because I am CRAZY about ducks and ALL other animals.
And I want to share my CRAZY with the world!
It’s Not ALL Crazy…
I like to keep my blog posts upbeat, fun, and a little wacky, but it is not all crazy behind these pages.
The mission for my blog is to provide helpful information for pet parents with a fun twist.
I want to be an inspiration and a source of knowledge for my readers.
I will not claim to be an expert but I will certainly share all my trials and lessons learned from life and pet ownership.
What Makes Me Qualified?
I am just a crazy duck lady on the internet.
How do you know you can trust me and my advice?
Why should you read my blog? Well…
#1. I am witty (that should be enough but I will continue…).
#2. I currently own 6 ducks, 3 cats, 1 rabbit (and all are happy and healthy)!
3. I have experience in buying, hatching, and adopting ducks. And I highly recommend adopting!
4. I have volunteered at the Carolina Waterfowl Rescue and donate on a monthly basis!
5. My husband and I built the duck’s pen and pond by hand!
6. My life is never a dull moment with 2 pesky drakes in the flock.
7. There has also never been a moment in my life when I did not own a pet. Not…A…Single…Moment…!
8. I am able to care for my animals, my husband, and my blog all while working a full-time job as a Vet Tech! (Super-woman? Perhaps…)
9. I am a non-registered veterinary technician with 14 years of experience in the field. I am non-registered because experience speaks louder in my book than additional schooling and debt.
10. I promise to entertain you with delightful stories, fun videos, and adorable pictures.
Other Fun Facts About Me:
– My husband and I both grew up in Virginia but now live in North Carolina.
– I convinced a renter to allow me to keep 2 ducks in my backyard while in college.
– My phone ringtone is duck quacking (crazy duck person extraordinaire)!
– I was a horse crazy girl before I was a duck lover.
– My favorite hobby is to scrapbook our memories.
What Will You Learn?
– You will learn that ducks are amazing creatures but they are not for everyone (no matter how cute I make them seem).
– You will learn vital cat wisdom from a veterinarian technician in the Cozy Cat Corner.
– You will learn about our flock and how we survive this hard duck life.
Let’s Survive This Hard Duck Life Together
Join our mailing list!
You have complete control over your subscription and can unsubscribe at any time.
And each month I send out a newsletter that contains big announcements, contests, giveaways, smoking deals, behind the scenes looks, recent blog news, and life lacks!